Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Collaborative Groups

THE CHANGE TWO PROCESS IN OUR SCHOOL LED TO COLLABORATION BEING SELECTED AS A MAJOR FOCUS AND INITIATIVE IN OUR SCHOOL. ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS WE DID WAS TO CREATE COLLABORATIVE GROUPS ACROSS THE SEVEN LEVELS AND TO MEET IN THESE GROUPS ON A FORTNIGHTLY BASIS.

I love collaborative groups because it is a great chance get to know others and find out a bit about them and what they like to do...  Tessa
I love collaborative groups because  they are fun and you meet new friends and people and my teacher is good fun.... Molly
I love collaborative groups because we get the opportunity to meet others and get to know them well....Ashling.
I love collaborative groups because we play fun games together (with our friends from other levels).... Samuel
I love collaborative groups because we can collaborate with students from higher and lower levels...Will
I love collaborative groups because I see how cross-age learning and working together brings out the best in our students,
 in the way they relate tenderly to one another, in the surprised faces of the "big 'uns" when they hear the wisdom of the 'little 'un's"
 in the strong desire of the older students to care for and nurture the younger students
and in the way I come to know other students in depth.
Mrs Yore









2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. I'm so pleased collaborative groups took off, a small idea became a great success! Keep enjoying the experiences across the school.
    Mrs Bellesini :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an educational and important post! The list of veggies is very helpful. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and thank you for the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete